I am a health psychologist with a particular interest in eating-related behaviors (i.e., body image, attempts at weight loss). I am especially interested in romantic partners’ role in eating-related behaviors. Some of my research has also examined parents’ influences on their children’s eating-related behaviors and media influences on body image.
The research projects I am working on in 2020 include:
- The Body Image Book for Girls: Love Yourself and Grow Up Fearless
- Adolescent Girls’ Social Media Use and Body Image
- Risk Factors for eating problems and body dissatisfaction (as a part of the International Academy of Body Image, Eating Problems, and Health collaboration)
- Body Image in the Context of Chronic Illness and Chronic Pain
- Positive Body Image
- Heterosexual, Lesbian and Gay Couples’ Health (body image, eating behaviors, well-being)